Monday, April 02, 2007

A very nice man

I only met Bob twice. First, 2 years ago at a lovely Passover Seder that he hosted with his wife Cindy in Memphis. Next, a few months later at my sister's wedding that he again helped to host at the family's home near Schroon Lake, New York. He was a kind man, unpretentious and attentive to others. When I first met him, I appreciated that he was mindful of my inconvenient dietary restrictions (on which I was very insistent, having just adopted them). He and Cindy made hosting people look easy, even with a crowd of 30 for Passover and over 100 for the wedding.

He just passed, while teaching how to play the card game Bridge, on a cruise. This was to be the first Passover he would miss in a long time. He was too young.

I'm very glad I had the chance to meet you, Bob. I feel very badly for my brother-in-law, Cindy, my sister, and the rest of the people who knew him much better than I did and must feel his loss more acutely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home